We depend on the generosity of the Ventura County Community for a large portion of our program budgets. Your support ensures we can continue to provide critically needed services for people who are mentally ill, many of whom are homeless, in all areas of the county.
RESIDENTIAL (DIRECT CARE) MONITOR – Veterans Transitional Housing On-call positions available.
Job Description: Position is responsible for overseeing the health, safety and well being of Veterans Transitional Housing Program residents and the security of the environment. Must be available to interact with clients on a peer counseling basis, as well as mediate client conflicts, and manage crisis situations. Observe and chart client behavior. Collect and record statistical data. Assist clients with medication management.
• Provide individual and group counseling as necessary.
• Assure safety of the environment.
• Maintain awareness of client’s moods, behaviors, and actions-noting changes in client chart.
• Evaluate and manage crisis situations in a calm and timely fashion; make determination of when the crisis team or police intervention is appropriate and proceed accordingly after consulting with case manager or program manager if possible.
• Assist with intake process.
• Orient clients to program.
• Communicate with program staff and participate in staff meetings.
• Prepare documentation, incidents, grievances, and maintenance requests meal logs, mileage logs, phone logs, staff logs, etc.
• Assist residents in developing the living skills in preparation for independent permanent housing.
• Educate clients regarding medication issues-including compliance, side effects, benefits, and how to communicate problems to their physician.
• Transport clients to outside meetings and appointments as required.
• Support community service relationships.
• On call as needed and capable of responding within 30 minutes.
• Additional duties as assigned by program manager.
• Location: Ventura, California
• Positions: Hiring for on-call positions.
• Compensation: $12.50
• A minimum of two years experience providing supportive services to severely and persistently mentally ill adults, preferably within a psychosocial rehabilitation model.
• Must possess knowledge of serious mental illness and the mental health system.
• Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Veteran preferred.
• Bi-lingual/Bicultural skills highly valued.
• Ability to pass Live Scan background check.
• Flexibility in schedule.
• Basic Life Support certification.
• A valid California Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier with an available vehicle.
• E-mail resume email@example.com or
• Fax to 652-0608 to the attention of Linda Fazzone
You are invited to participate in providing a range of services in a welcoming therapeutic environment. Unpaid internship offered for 10 to 15 hours weekly includes group and/or individual supervision for MFT, LCSW or Psychologist Interns.
The Turning Point Foundation has provided valuable services for the most needy, vulnerable citizens of Ventura County for over 20 years. We serve primarily those with severe and persistent mental health issues or co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse problems.
• Location: Ventura, California
• Positions: Varies
Interns provide at their level of expertise:
• Individual and group counseling
• Rehabilitation treatment
• Family Therapy and support
• Treatment Planning
• Case Management
APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLINE
Kalie Matisek, Clinical Director (805) 652-0599 ext. 26 firstname.lastname@example.org