R.I.S.E. Program – Rapid Integrated Support and Engagement
The R.I.S.E. program is for clients who suffer from or appear to suffer from a mental illness of some kind and who are either unable or unwilling to access further treatment like recently released psychiatric hospital patients, homeless clients who may refuse treatment or are unable to access treatment or whose symptoms are so severe that they cannot leave the house or get to a VCBH clinic for assessment.
THE RISE PROGRAM is offered through Turning Point by Ventura County Behavioral Health specifically to encourage and enable people in these situations to get assessment and treatment. Turning Point’s field-based outreach team makes contact, then provides ongoing support in navigating any challenges to accessing care. And it’s not just one-time assistance – Turning Point’s R.I.S.E. team follows up with clients as needed and may be closely involved with case management. If someone has or appears to have mental health problems and is unable or unwilling to access assessment and treatment, RISE can help.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE…
- … who has been released from a psychiatric facility but isn’t following up with outpatient treatment?
- … who is homeless and has a mental illness but currently refuses treatment?
- … with serious mental health problems who is unable to access outpatient mental health clinics without assistance?
- …whose symptoms are so severe that they cannot leave their home?
- …who is having difficulty managing their symptoms in a public setting?
- …who appears to be experiencing a low-level crisis due to mental illness and is impacting the community?